Regretfully, the Zoo is closed to the public following Government advice in response to COVID-19. As a result, we are postponing experiences that were due to take place up until 1 June 2020. All visitors affected by this will receive an email to confirm next steps.
Any bookings for experiences after this date will be reviewed as we continue to act on the advice of the Government. Thank you for your understanding.
Join our expert senior Zookeepers behind-the-scenes at ZSL London Zoo where you will come eye-to-eye with our beautiful Sumatran tiger and spend the morning experiencing exactly what it’s like to be a big cat keeper!
Your Tiger Experience:
Spend half a day with one of our senior Zookeepers who will show you exactly what it’s like caring for our Sumatran tiger. You will arrive at our East Service Gate entrance at 8:30 am where our Keeper will meet you and invite you to their mess room.
Once inducted, you will go behind-the-scenes in Tiger Territory to meet our tiger. You will get to spend the morning with the Keepers, making up enrichment, assisting with the daily enclosure maintenance, see the daily training routine, doing food preparation, and learning about the vital conservation work that ZSL does to protect tigers in Russia and Indonesia.
There will be a maximum of two people taking part in the experience, giving you lots time to ask everything that you've ever wanted to know!
Included in your experience:
- Complimentary photography.
- Refreshments mid-morning with the keepers where you can ask them lots of questions.
- Lunch voucher to use in our plentiful Terrace Restaurant.
- Access into the Zoo for yourself and one additional person so that you can spend the afternoon exploring the other 17,000 animals in our Zoo. Spectators can purchase tickets at a discounted rate of 20%.
- A goody bag to take home with you at the end of the experience.
By booking onto this experience, you will be supporting our vital conservation work in Russia and Asia, in areas of law enforcement, wildlife health, the palm oil industry, forestry, population monitoring, community outreach, and more.
Know Before You Book:
Important information before booking your Tiger Experience:
- This experience is only available for adults at least 18 years old.
- Mobile phones and cameras are not permitted behind the scenes. We offer complimentary photography instead.
- Pregnant or nursing mothers cannot participate.
- Wheelchair access is not available for this experience and participants must have a reasonable level of fitness.
- Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn for the experience
- The experience itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice.
- Please arrive on time. We advise guests arrive at least 10 minutes before the experience begins
- Your ticket will be forfeit if you turn up to the experience late or cancel within 14 days of your experience.
- The experience will operate in all weather conditions.
- Please see our general terms and conditions for more information.
If you have any questions about booking, please contact our Experiences team on email@example.com or by calling 0207 449 6397.
Bookings are available Monday to Friday. The experience operates once a month but a date can be arranged upon request.
£299 for 1 person
£598 for 2 people
Please note: ZSL members receive a 10% discount on this experience. Please call us to book on 0207 449 6397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to book
Bookings are currently being taken upon request and dates are flexible. Please call Anthony Spencer on 0207 449 6397 or email email@example.com