The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is a charity committed to the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. ZSL operates one of UK’s most popular leisure attraction, ZSL London Zoo and its sister zoo, ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
ZSL are seeking to recruit for the new role of ZSL Commercial Events Manager. The commercial events at both ZSL London and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo's form an important part of the commercial strategy and help to support audience growth, membership benefits and incremental revenue which support’s the wider society of our vital Conservation work. This is a new role designed to work across our two Zoo's and work alongside the development and corporate events strategy. Reporting to the head of marketing, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of all consumer events at ZSL and will manage an events team across the two Zoo's.
- Manage both seasonal and promotional staff ensuring support is within agreed budget limits.
- Co-ordinate with the Development and Sponsorship Team to agree what events, or elements of events can be used to leverage key corporate sponsorship.
- Liaise with external parties to negotiate contracts, commercial terms of delivery and to ensure all third parties are compliant with the agreed terms and conditions.
- Implement Visitor Satisfaction research at each event and report results against set targets.
- Strategically work closely with the Marketing Team to develop audience positioning, brand strategy and creative development for each event and to ensure key information is made available for the development of business cases and marketing plan.
- Network with the Membership team to find ways of engaging Members in our commercial events and to make sure we support and engage this important part of the events audience.
- Devise and deliver a programme of small and large scale commercial events.
The ideal candidate will be an established commercial and events manager. ZSL is an organisation that is about to embark on an exciting journey of improving our relations with all of our Supporters including Visitors, Friends, Fellows, Patrons and Donors. Therefore applicants should have:
- Experienced launching new successful events catering for new and existing audiences.
- Current or previous line management experience of event co-ordinators with a proven track record of delivering a programme of high-quality events.
- Knowledge and experience of high level planning, prioritising and control, and ability to establish a systematic course of action to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent time management and project management skills are critical.
- Ability to work autonomously and identify new opportunities based on consumer behaviour.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders.
- Familiar/ sensitive to Animal Welfare issues and able to be compliant to events guidelines.
Full Job description: Commercial Events Manager (59 KB)
All applications should be forwarded to email@example.com and should include the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae;
- A concise Covering Letter explaining the candidate’s reason for applying and how the candidate meets the requirements of the job.
- Equality of Opportunity Monitoring Form.
Closing date for applications will be on midnight on the 9th January 2015.