I would like to start with a big thank you to all those that have helped and been involved with the project so far.
- The staff from the Belize Fisheries Department based at South Water Caye Marine Reserve and Bachalar Chico Marine reserve for their assistance and hospitality
- David Placencia and his team of volunteers at Centro Ecologico Akumal (CEA) for their work in Mexico
- Dr Analise Hagen, Reylando Castro and the rest of the team at the Southern Environmental Association (SEA) for their help with Logistics and personnel as well as the Fisheries Staff at Sapodilla Cayes
- Gary, Jen, Nikkita and the other staff at Blue Ventures in Belize as well as Richard Nimmo at Blue Ventures head office in the UK for all their help with logistics, work and personnel
- Liz Hudd and her six students for their field assistance
Select a blog
A blog for lovers of ZSL London Zoo, bringing you extraordinary animal facts and exclusive access to the world's oldest scientific zoo.
Do you love wildlife? Discover more about our amazing animals at the UK's biggest zoo!
We're working around the world to conserve animals and their habitats, find out more about our latest achievements.
From the field to the lab, catch up with the scientists on the cutting edge of conservation biology at ZSL’s Institute of Zoology.
A day in Discovery and Learning at ZSL is never dull! The team tell us all about the exciting sessions for school children, as well as work further afield.
Ever wondered what a typical day as a zookeeper looks like, or what it's like to be a videographer at ZSL? Now you can find out!
Every month, one of the pieces held in ZSL’s Library and at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo will feature here as Artefact of the Month.
Read extracts from ZSL's award winning members' magazine, Wild About.
Get updates on our latest ranges, be the first to hear about special offers, and find the perfect gift for animal lovers!
The Chagos archipelago is a rare haven for marine biodiversity. Hear from the team about our projects to protect the environments in the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT).
ZSL works across Asia, from the famous national parks of Nepal to marine protected areas in the Philippines. Read the latest updates on our conservation.
An Open Access journal for research at the interface of remote sensing, ecology and conservation.