The Jumbo Express
Every day – All Day
See below for running dates
Take a ride on one of our two impressive steam engines, Excelsior and Superior, as they weave their way through the territories of some of the world's most inspiring animals.
Elephants, rhinos, yaks and camels are just some of the mammals you can expect to see on your journey in the Jumbo Express. With our exciting commentary, we will take you on a safari adventure you will never forget.
Asked why people love the trains so much, driver and engineer Kevin Edwins said: “It’s the sheer magic of a steam-hauled railway. People love to hear the whistle and see the smoke - very few zoos have them.”
Where are we?
Find us on ZSL Whipsnade Zoo daily planner map C3.
When we are running?
- October - Weekends only until half term; then daily from Saturday 26th October to Sunday 3rd November inclusive.
- November - Weekends only
- December - Weekends only until Xmas day, then daily from Thursday 26th December to Sunday January 5th 2014.
Please check at the station for times on the day of your visit.
- Adult: £4.00
- Child: £1.00
- Senior: £3.50
- Disabled adult and carer: £4.00
- Adult Member or Fellow: £3.50
- Child Member: £0.50
- Adult: £4.00 (no free adult ratio available)
- Children: FREE
You can purchase tickets at the main gate and railway gift shop on the day. School groups are required to pre-book.
The Jumbo Express can accommodate two adults wheelchairs.