ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is considered reasonably wheelchair friendly.
Free entry for one essential carer or free car entry into the Zoo is available per paying disabled adult visitor.
There is ramp access to the following areas:
- The Animal Houses.
- The Wild Bite Café and Lookout Café.
- The Sealion Arena and Bird Arena to view the displays
- Hullabazoo and the Children's Farm
- The Estate Office (First Aid Point)
- The Safari bus and Road Train.
- Owl Wood - Access may cause wheelchair users some difficulty, as it is covered by bark chippings in order to subdue the noise.
- The Train - Please note that only two wheelchairs can be accommodated on the Train per trip.
We have wheelchairs that are available for hire and it is advised to book them in advance of your visit by calling the Retail Shop on 01582 871517. A deposit of £25.00 is required which will be refunded on return of the wheelchair at the end of your visit.
The wheelchairs are non-motorised and are not self-propelling. They will fold to fit on the Open Top Bus providing the user is able to mount the steps onto the bus. The Double Decker Safari Bus has a drop down access ramp.
There are four disabled toilet facilities around the Park, clearly marked on the map given out on entry. The toilet facilities near the Main Entrance have shared access and the nearest disabled toilet facility to the Main Entrance that does not have shared access is the one located next to the Discovery Centre.
As we do not allow dogs into the Park we have two kennels, located at the main entrance, for Assistance Dogs only. Assistance Dogs will be kept in the kennels for the duration of the visit and will be provided with water only. Owners are required to leave a mobile number and must check on their dog at regular intervals during their visit.
With so much to see and do, a visit to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is the perfect day out in Bedfordshire for people of all ages.
Our Visitor Information page has all the information you need to plan your day.