cat2005 ZSL Zoo Photographer Awards
Tuesday 2 August 2005
Calling all budding wildlife photograhers. Now is the chance to show us your talent by entering our 2005 ZSL Zoo Photographer Awards.
Whether it be a portrait of your favourite animal, a shot capturing interesting animal behaviour or you, your friends and family enjoying a day out at Whipsnade or London Zoo, all will be considered by the judges and perhaps your picture will chosen to be the winning image.
With £1,000 worth of prizes to give away and special behind-the-scenes visits to win, why not get snapping?
- Best Zoo picture taken by a visitor or ZSL member
- Best Zoo picture taken by a ZSL employee or volunteer
- Young Zoo photographer 2005. If you are aged 18 or under, why not send us your photos of animals you saw when visiting London Zoo or Whipsnade Wild Animal Park? Under 12 years and 12–18 years categories.
Commended and winning photographs will be published in our monthly magazine, Lifewatch, and included in an outdoor photographic exhibition to be displayed at London Zoo and Whipsnade.
Closing date for entries: 5 September 2005.
We are sorry we are unable to return your photos.
How to enter
Send your photos to:
Lifewatch Magazine Photographic Competition
Zoological Society of London
London NW1 4RY
On the back of every photo please ensure that you put your name, age (for junior entries), address, competition category and where the photo was taken. Please use good quality photographic paper when printing digital photos.
- The prizes are non-exchangable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- All photographs must be the entrant’s own original work. Each must bear the entrant’s name, age, address and competition category. Prints will be accepted, but they will not be returned under any circumstances.
- Photographs that consist in any way of more than one separate image and images that have been digitally manipulated are not eligible.
- The Zoological Society of London will have the free right to reproduce and exhibit in all media any entrant’s photographs without payment of a fee to the entrant.
- All entries must be received by: Monday, 5 September 2005, and no responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or damaged.
- Negatives or digital files of all winning and commended entries must be made available for
reproduction purposes. Failure to provide one of these could result in disqualification.
- Any photograph entered that has previously won another national photographic competition will automatically be disqualified.
- ZSL reserves the worldwide royalty-free right and licence for the full period of copyright to reproduce the prize-winning and commended images on or in relation to ZSL merchandise. *The organisers will at their discretion pay reproduction fees to the photographers.
- The ‘Best Zoo picture taken by a ZSL employee or volunteer’ is open to all permanent, seasonal and casual staff employed by a zoo or zoological society as well as zoo volunteers.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry to this competition signifies acceptance of these rules.