Zoo Lates Survival Guide
Welcome to your Zoo Lates Survival Guide - our handy hints to help you make the most of your wild night out!
Make your way over to the ZSL London Zoo main entrance to start your Zoo Lates adventure. Doors open at 6pm. Directions to ZSL London Zoo
- Zoo Lates is a strictly over 18s event, if you look under 21 please make sure you bring valid photo ID
- No alcohol or glass will be allowed to be brought onsite
- Bag searches will be carried out at the entrance
- Last admission into the Zoo 9:30pm
What to do at Zoo Lates...
- See over 750 species in a unique setting, including our brand new Tiger Territory exhibit.
- Bring your friends, your picnic blanket, your camera and your sense of adventure
- Grab a bite from the International Street Food Festival or one of our catering outlets
- Watch live animal demonstrations and feeds including Tigers Live! and Penguin Beach Live!
- Choose your favourite tipple from The Bordeaux Wines Jardin du Vin, Carousel Bar, Garden Bar or the Speakeasy Tearooms. Last orders at 9:45pm
- As our new male gorilla is just settling into his new home, last admissions to Gorilla Kingdom are at 8.30pm
- Other animal houses will start closing at 9.00pm.
- The north bank will close at 9pm.
- Penguin Beach, the Reptile House and BUGS are open until 9:30pm
- It’s OK to have a drink as the sun goes down until 10pm closing time
- Cash machines are located in the main gift shop and between the Amphitheatre and the main lawn
What NOT to do at Zoo Lates...
- Bring alcohol, glass, balloons or pets into London Zoo
- Disregard our ‘animal etiquette’ policy (please see below)
- Please don’t eat, drink or smoke inside the animal enclosures
General Animal Etiquette
ZSL London Zoo is one of the world’s leading conservation organisations. Our animals are not pets - in fact many are part of crucial international breeding programmes.
- Do not try to touch or pat the animals
- Do not bang on windows or fish tanks
- Do try to respect the animals
- Do have fun but do try not to shout or scream
- Listen to the keepers and our volunteers.
- Our primates are some of the most sensitive of all of our animals. They can be easily upset. Please respect their space.
- Our animals like to be the best-dressed at the party. You may be asked to remove animal masks and costumes for entry to some exhibits at Zoo Lates including Into Africa and primate exhibits.
Into Africa will close at 9pm – if you want to see the giraffes and the zebras or have a drink or a barbeque at the Safari Bar, get in early!
ID checks will be conducted at the entrance so please ensure you bring valid photo ID with you.
If ZSL staff believe you are drunk, disorderly or behaving inappropriately, you will be removed from the site by security.
Leaving Zoo Lates
Zoo Lates finishes at 10pm. Please leave ZSL London Zoo quietly and make sure you dispose of any rubbish in the bins provided (tippy-toes optional). Please leave quietly via the exit between the penguins and the main gift shop.