Friendly Spider Programme - Schedule and Quotes
Quotes from participants on the Friendly Spider Programme:
- “one of the best things I have ever done!” - Gail B., 2009
- “…I am free of the phobia and tarantulas fascinate me now” - Jardine K., 2009 (attended FSP 1993)
- “From the moment I stepped through the doors, I felt I was in a very supportive environment.” - Sylvia R., 2009
- “It was the most inspiring, amazing day and the staff and volunteers were so patient, kind and understanding.” - Gillian R., 2008
- “The outcome for me was beyond my wildest hopes.” - Conrad W., 2008
- “…I was freed from 27 years of phobia in one afternoon!” - Lynsey A., 2009 (attended FSP 2008)
- “…it’s the best £110 I’ve spent in a long time.” - Jo G., 2009 (attended FSP 2007)
- “My husband says, you've transformed our lives” - Judith H., 2009 (attended FSP 2007)
Schedule of Events for the Friendly Spider Programme:
- 2.30-2.50 pm - Arrival of participants. Zoological Society of London Meeting Rooms.
- 3.00 pm - What are we afraid of? How phobias become stuck in our subconscious mind. Group discussion with John Clifford.
- 3.50 pm - Everything you ever wanted to know about spiders but were afraid to ask. Lecture and Q & A session presented by Dave Clarke of the Invertebrate Conservation Unit.
- 4.30 pm - Break. Beverages and biscuits served in the lobby.
- 4.50 pm - Group Hypnosis.
- 5.30 pm - Visit to the BUGS! exhibit, to see spiders on display.
- 5.45-6.30pm - Meeting with British spiders, training in catch-up and presentation of Certificate of Completion.
+ Optional chance to meet Polly and friends, the Mexican red kneed spiders.
- 6.30-7.00 pm - Programme finishes.