Give in Celebration
Whether you are celebrating a wedding, birthday, Bar Mitzvah, anniversary or other special occasion, you can make your day even more memorable by supporting a cause you love.
A gift in celebration to the Zoological Society of London will help us to protect animals and their habitats in the UK and around the world.
Ways to Give in Celebration
Donations in lieu of gifts
Asking your friends and family for donations to the Zoological Society of London, perhaps instead of gifts, is a wonderful way to raise money for ZSL’s vital conservation work. There are a number of simple ways you can do this:
- Create a personalised page using Just Giving . Add your own words and pictures and share the link to the page with your friends and family. You may also wish to kick start your fundraising by making a personal donation and setting a precedent for others to follow!
- Complete and return our In Celebration Donation Form (98 KB). If possible, please ask all donors to complete a separate form, this way we can claim back Gift Aid at no extra cost to you. Your guests can return the forms directly to ZSL and we will write to thank them on your behalf. After your event, we will write to you and tell you how much has been raised.
- If you are holding an event at one of our venues at London or Whipsnade Zoo, ZSL will be happy to supply donation boxes or other literature for you to display.
Take part in a challenge event
- Take part in one of our Challenge Events to mark the occasion. The events are great fun and you will feel even more special as your friends and family cheer you over the finish line! Please check the above link for minimum sponsorship requirements and entry details.
How your donation could help
All donations will help ZSL to achieve its mission: our needs vary from £10 to buy a new hanging basket filled with herbs as enrichment for the giraffes, to £50 to feed our two Sumatran tigers at London Zoo for a week, or £500 to supply our conservation teams with a motion camera to monitor animal populations and behaviour.
You can raise money for ZSL as a whole, to be used wherever the need is greatest, or you can choose to dedicate your gift to a specific area of ZSL’s work:
- ZSL London Zoo
- ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- Conservation Programmes
- Institute of Zoology
- ZSL Library
- ZSL Veterinary Services Department
If you would like further information about giving in celebration or have more specific requirements, we will be happy to help. Please contact the Development Department on 020 7449 6206, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Zoological Society of London
London, NW1 4RY