Bored at Work? Become a Keeper for a Day
Monday 19 January 2009
ZSL London Zoo is offering five disheartened and disillusioned workers a kick start to 2009 by giving them the chance to swap their day jobs for something infinitely more exciting…the chance to become a Keeper for a Day.
The keepers are not just handing over their shovels to anyone though, for the chance to step into their dirty boots for a day you have to tell them what makes your job the most boring in London.
Beat the boredom - your chance to win a day
If you are bored of the 9 to 5, fed up with the rat-race and have always wanted to work with animals, then it’s time to get writing. Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13th February 2009 for your chance to swap the animals in the office for the animals at the Zoo.
If the zoo keepers think that you deserve their job, then for one day only you can change your desk for a den, trade your Biro for a broom, and become a Keeper for a Day at ZSL London Zoo.
ZSL London Zoo has the perfect solution for everyone with a new job on their list of New Year’s resolutions. Wannabe zoo keepers have the rare opportunity to see what the job entails as they try their hand at mucking out a zebra’s den, preparing food for the bearded pigs and cleaning the penguin pool.
Keeper for a Day gives participants a chance to shelve their boring job and to have a go at one of the most unique and exciting jobs to be had. No two days are the same in the life of a zoo keeper, and now’s your chance to take part.
Competition terms and conditions
- The 5 winners will be selected randomly from our database of correct entries, ZSL's decision is final.
- The competition is only open to UK residents.
- Responsibility cannot be accepted by ZSL for emails which are not received. ZSL reserves the right to disqualify users if they are thought to be cheating in any way.
- The prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- All winning participants will take part in the Keeper for a Day programme on the same day at ZSL London Zoo. This date is Tuesday 24th February 2009 and the day runs from 8.45am until 4.00pm.
- The competition will close at midnight on Friday 13th February 2009. Entries received after this date will not be accepted.
- The winners will be notified by email by Tuesday 17th February.
Keeper for a Day terms and Conditions
- Participants must be aged 16 years or over. There is no upper age limit, although participants will need a reasonable level of fitness to take part in the activities.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers will not be able to partake in Keeper for a Day
(contact 020 7449 6274)
- Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality this cannot always be achieved; please contact ZSL for advice before purchasing. ZSL will endeavour to ensure that all participants have as full an experience as possible.