Volunteers play an important role behind the scenes within the Library
We are currently recruiting for:
Volunteer Book Cataloguer
The purpose of this volunteer role is to assist with ZSL’s retrospective book cataloguing project- this is a key project in helping ZSL to deliver the strategic aim of facilitating access to zoological and conservation knowledge.
• Adding book details to our publically available online catalogue.
• Retrieving books from shelves and re-shelving
We ask for a regular and reliable commitment of one day per week for a minimum of 12 weeks. The Library is open weekdays 9.30am to 5.30pm, volunteers must agree to volunteer for at least 3 hours on their agreed day.
Who are we looking for?
• People who have experience of cataloguing books using AACR2 and MARC21
• Reliability, commitment and regular attendance
• Organised, methodical people with good attention to detail
What do volunteers get out of it?
• Training will be provided in using our LMS EOSweb
• An opportunity to be involved in one of the world’s major zoological libraries
• A range of benefits including staff rates for lunch
Before completing the application form, please give careful consideration as to whether you can offer a regular and reliable commitment.