Since the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) was founded in 1826 by Sir Stamford Raffles, many great names have graced our Fellowship. Over the last two centuries, ZSL Fellows have championed Charles Darwin's theory of evolution, pioneered field research and set standards for world class breeding programmes. Find out about some of our existing Fellows.
By becoming a Fellow you can make a direct contribution to our scientific programmes and field projects - and enjoy a host of exclusive privileges in return. Amongst the range of benefits we offer are access to ZSL's extensive library of rare zoological publications and invitations to special events and symposia.
To become a Fellow you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Active interest or involvement in the fields of zoology, biology or a related area
- Be currently studying conservation, zoology or a related subject
- Have been a ZSL Member for more than three years consecutively
You must also be over 18 to be eligible for Fellowship.
Please note that all applications are subject to receipt of supporting documentation and final approval by the ZSL Council.
The benefits of Fellowship include:
Access to ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- Unlimited entry to ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo for yourself
- Personal sign-in of one additional guest per visit
- Two additional half-price entrance tickets per annum
- Complimentary car entrance at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- Free car parking at ZSL London Zoo outside of peak times
- Shop and cafe discounts
- Additional Events which will compliment the programme of Scientific Meetings
- 60% off a subscription to Animal Conservation
- An exclusive Fellows' rate for the Journal of Zoology
- 25% off all books published by Wiley Blackwell Publishing
- Borrowing rights in the ZSL Library at Regent's Park
- Voting rights, AGM invitation and the right to stand for ZSL Council
- Copy of Review of the Year
For more information about these discounts and how to claim them please contact the Fellowship Executive or on 020 7449 6443