Entering the forest of London’s only living rainforest, you will come face-to-face with our cheeky tamarin monkeys and may get to see sloths, armadillos and tamanduas. By taking part in this experience you will be supporting ZSL’s vital conservation work such as protecting incredible rainforest habitats and the animals they are home to.
Did you know
Covering less than two percent of the Earth's total surface area, the world's rainforests are home to 50 percent of the planets animals and plants. Rainforests act as the world's thermostat by regulating temperatures and weather patterns, but, every second an area of rainforest the size of a football field is destroyed. That's 86,400 football fields of rainforest per day, or over 31 million football fields of rainforest each year!
- £60 per person Mon-Fri
- £75 per person Sat-Sun
Terms and conditions
- General admission ticket or valid membership per person must be purchased to be allowed entry into the zoo and take part in the Meet the Rainforest experience.
- Please listen to the keeper at all times. (Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is their upmost priority. As such, the keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to exit the VIP area at any time should they feel necessary.)
- Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn for the experience.
- Maximum of 6 participants per experience. Children: must be at least 6 years old and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also has a valid Meet the Rainforest ticket.
- Disabilities: Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer who takes full responsibility for the adherence of health and safety and welfare protocols. Accompanying carers can enter the VIP area free of charge but must not participate in the experience. Unfortunately wheelchair access is not available for this experience.
- Allergies: This experience is not suitable for those suffering from nut allergies.
- Pregnant/ nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate for health and safety reasons.
- Cancellations: ZSL reserves the right to alter the experience or cancel on any given day if necessary. We will endeavour to contact you via email at least 24-hours before your visit to notify you of any changes. We recommend checking your emails on the day before your visit in case we have emailed you. If these changes result in you missing the encounter or you are no longer able to attend, please contact us to discuss options. Turning up late will invalidate your ticket and will not be refunded. Bookings cancelled up to 14 days before the date will be eligible for a full refund. Thereafter changes will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ZSL.