Come and meet our majestic owls – see him fly and have him perch on your arm while you discover more about these fascinating birds. By taking part in this experience you will be supporting ZSL’s vital conservation work for amazing bird species both home and around the world.
Did you know
There are more than 150 species of owls in the world, found in all different habitats. Many owl species have asymmetrical ears giving them the ability to pinpoint where prey is located, even if they can't see it. They cannot turn their eyes and have three eyelids: one for blinking, one for sleeping and one for keeping the eye clean and healthy. A group of owls is called a parliament, wisdom or study. The biggest modern threats to owls are habitat loss, pesticides that poison the birds and their food supplies.
- £45 per person Mon-Fri
- £60 per person Sat-Sun
Terms and conditions
- General admission ticket or valid membership per person must be purchased to be allowed entry into the zoo and take part in the Meet the Owl experience.
- Please listen to the keeper at all times. (Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is their upmost priority. As such, the keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to exit the VIP area at any time should they feel necessary.)
- Maximum of 6 participants per experience.Children: must be at least 5 years of age and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also has a valid Meet the Owls ticket.
- Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn for the experience.
- Disabilities: Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer who takes full responsibility for the adherence of health and safety and welfare protocols. Accompanying carers can enter the VIP area free of charge but must not participate in the experience. Wheelchair access is available for this experience.
- Pregnant/ nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate for health and safety reasons.
- Cancellations: ZSL reserves the right to alter the experience or cancel on any given day if necessary. We will endeavour to contact you via email at least 24-hours before your visit to notify you of any changes. We recommend checking your emails on the day before your visit in case we have emailed you. If these changes result in you missing the encounter or you are no longer able to attend, please contact us to discuss options.
- Turning up late will invalidate your ticket and will not be refunded.
- Bookings cancelled up to 14 days before the date will be eligible for a full refund. Thereafter changes will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ZSL.