Learn all about these inquisitive creatures from one of our expert keepers while they scamper around you to get their favourite snacks. By taking part in this experience you will be supporting ZSL’s vital conservation work such as the global fight against illegal wildlife trade.
Did you know
Meerkats are curious creatures and live in families in the sands of southern Africa's Kalahari Desert. At less than 1kg, they don’t let their small size hinder them. They work closely as a family, sharing babysitting duties, standing guard whilst foraging and sunbathing. They have four toes on each foot and very long, non-retractable claws to help them dig.
- £45 per person Mon-Fri
- £60 per person Sat-Sun
Terms and conditions
- General admission ticket or valid membership per person must be purchased to be allowed entry into the zoo and take part in the Meet the Meerkats experience.
- Please listen to the keeper at all times. (Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is their upmost priority. As such, the keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to exit the VIP area at any time should they feel necessary.)
- Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn for the experience.
- Maximum of 6 participants per experience. Children: must be at least 5 years of age and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also has a valid Meet the Meerkats ticket.
- Disabilities: Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer who takes full responsibility for the adherence of health and safety and welfare protocols. Accompanying carers can enter the VIP area free of charge but must not participate in the experience. Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access available for this experience.
- Pregnant/ nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate for health and safety reasons.
- Cancellations: ZSL reserves the right to alter the experience or cancel on any given day if necessary. We will endeavour to contact you via email at least 24-hours before your visit to notify you of any changes. We recommend checking your emails on the day before your visit in case we have emailed you. If these changes result in you missing the encounter or you are no longer able to attend, please contact us to discuss options. Turning up late will invalidate your ticket and will not be refunded. Bookings cancelled up to 14 days before the date will be eligible for a full refund. Thereafter changes will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ZSL.