Your chance to go eye to eye with our tallest animals whilst you feed them their favourite browse. By taking part in this experience you will be supporting ZSLs vital conservation work which includes the training of next generation conservationists around the world desperately needed to continue protecting this planets amazing animals.
Did you know
Giraffes live in Africa, in grassland and woodland habitats. They eat mainly acacia leaves but also shoots and other vegetation and their long neck helps to ensure they can reach all the branches. As well as a long neck, they also have very long, black tongues that can measure up to 45cm to help them strip the leaves off the branches.
- £45 per person Mon-Fri
- £60 per person Sat-Sun
The meeting point sign is at the bottom of the viewing platform which is located in the outside area of the giraffe enclosure and overlooks their paddock.
Terms and conditions
- General admission ticket or valid membership per person must be purchased to be allowed entry into the zoo and take part in the Meet the Giraffes experience.
- Please listen to the keeper at all times. (Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is their upmost priority. As such, the keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to exit the VIP area at any time should they feel necessary.)
- Appropriate closed toe footwear must be worn for the experience.
- Maximum of 6 participants per experience. Children: must be at least 3-foot in height and be accompanied by an adult, no more than 2 children per adult. Each adult must also has a valid Meet the Giraffes ticket.
- Disabilities: Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer who takes full responsibility for the adherence of health and safety and welfare protocols. Accompanying carers can enter the VIP area free of charge but must not participate in the experience. Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access is available for this experience.
- Pregnant/ nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate for health and safety reasons.
- Cancellations: ZSL reserves the right to alter the experience or cancel on any given day if necessary. We will endeavour to contact you via email at least 24-hours before your visit to notify you of any changes. We recommend checking your emails on the day before your visit in case we have emailed you. If these changes result in you missing the encounter or you are no longer able to attend, please contact us to discuss options. Turning up late will invalidate your ticket and will not be refunded. Bookings cancelled up to 14 days before the date will be eligible for a full refund. Thereafter changes will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of ZSL.