Lookout Lodge is nestled at the heart of ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. Look one way and you'll see our herd of white rhinos, look the other and you'll see the breathtaking views across the Chilterns.
Lodges with a wild side
Guests stay in their own private lodge, all named after some of our most popular zoo residents. There are nine lodges available, five of them have two twin beds and four have double beds. There is also a sofa bed in each lodge, which children can use on the family nights.
- Twin lodge: Penguin Lodge, Elephant Lodge, Bear Lodge, Rhino Lodge and Reindeer Lodge.
- Double lodge: Lion Lodge, Wolf Lodge, Giraffe Lodge and Hippo Lodge.
Each lodge can accommodate two adults. On family nights, a maximum of one adult and three children or two adults and two children are welcome. Children should be 5-13 years old. Over 14-years old are classified as adults.
Creature comforts in each lodge:
- Comfy beds with soft linen and pillows
- Bedside table
- Sofa bed
- Lights, a heater and two power sockets to ensure you have a cosy stay
- Private veranda with seating so you can soak up the atmosphere and relax
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary towels, shampoo / conditioner / shower gel are provided
Bathroom and washroom facilities
There are separate female and male washing facilities each with showers and toilets. There are also toilets available for the disabled. The shower and toilets facilities are a short distance from the lodges.