Early Progress, Future Growth
The Net-Works pilot program launched in June 2012 in the Philippines, establishing an infrastructure to support residents from four local communities.
- An additional 22 communities have joined since inception for a current total of 26 participating villages.
- Of the nearly nine tons of nets collected, 1,683 kg have already been shipped to Aquafil, with the remaining nets to follow soon.
- Interface and ZSL are scouting additional locations around the world for potential Net-Works expansion.
- A new Net Effect™ product collection from Interface is inspired by Net-Works, along with the plight and power of the ocean, and will soon incorporate materials harvested by the program.
- For Interface, Net-Works provides a glimpse of what it means to be a restorative enterprise.