Council is the governing body of The Zoological Society of London.
It is made up of three elected Officers - the President, Secretary and Treasurer – and twelve elected members. Council members are the Trustees of the Society.
Council members serve a four year term of office and are then replaced by elected successors.
From June 2012
- President: Professor Sir Patrick Bateson FRS
- Secretary: Professor Geoff Boxshall FRS
- Treasurer: Paul Rutteman CBE, BSc (Econ), FCA
- Vice-President: Ray Heaton CertEd BEd GIBiolMSc FRGS FLS
- Vice-President: Elizabeth Passey MA, FRGS
- Sheila Anderson MBE, FBAASc, BSc(Hons)
- Richard Melville Ballerand FRUSI
- Dr Brian Bertram MA, PhD, FIBiol
- Michael Bird FCA
- John Edwards MA FLS
- Ray Heaton CertEd BEd GIBiolMSc FRGS FLS
- Dr Anna Meredith MA VetMB CertLAS DZooMed MRCVS
- Ruth Padel FRSL, MA D.Phil. Oxon
- Elizabeth Passey MA, FRGS
- Mark Ridgway BSc, PGCE, FLS
- Sean Rovai
- Robert Wingate MSc